Thursday, September 23, 2010

Mixed Emotions: Blackthorn Needles

Some time ago, I picked up a set of Blackthorn doublepoint needles.  I've now used them quite a bit, and I'm still not sure what to make of them. 

On the positive side, they are incredibly light and have very sharp points: two features I prize in dpns. 

On the negative side, their clever carbon fiber construction leaves them with a slightly bumpy surface.  In fact, I suspect that if you looked at them under a microscope they would appear serrated.  The surface feels good on my fingers, but I'm noticing that it causes yarn to fuzz up very slightly while knitting.  Overall review - Mixed.

1 comment:

  1. Cool socks! What yarn and pattern is that? I see it's in the clown-barf color family (which I don't usually favor) but I'd feel happy wearing those socks. :)

    ReplyDelete